Saturday, July 25, 2009

Body Types and Jean Sizes







Remember that movie/book "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" where one pair of jeans magically fits four different girls? Does anyone else wish that jeans actually worked like that? Shopping for jeans can kind of stress me out sometimes. Today I was out and about and thought I would browse some jeans. I wasn't really in a big shopping mood but I found a pair tried it on (more like attempted to try them on) and didn't feel like trying anymore on. I have similar experiences almost everytime I attempt to put on a pair of jeans and they won't even get halfway up my hips and when they do make it over my hips they don't fit everywhere else. So I came to a conclusion today and I've decided to demonstrate my thoughts with pictures! Here we go...

Here are the well known body types: hour glass, apple, and pear (poor hour glass....doesn't get to be a fruit like everyone else....)

These are the people, like me, struggle to get those perfect jeans that fit every part of your lower half like they were just an extra layer of skin. And here is the fourth body shape, the shape that jeans are really made for, the stick figure....

So basically, here was my conclusion:

Jean sizes are modeled after those people so small that they still fit into their life size Barbie outfits (kind of like Angela on "The Office". Anyone remember that episode? Ok so it wasn't life size Barbie clothes.....). That is why I cannot find the perfect jeans very often.

Tina the stick bug says: "Do these make me look fat?"

2 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Hilarious but oh so true!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your fruitiness!