Sunday, March 20, 2011

From Rexburg to Denver

Oh! Hello, Blog! It's been awhile, hasn't it? How's the family? Good to hear. Good to hear. Let me give you a hand. *Dusting* There. That's better. Let's write a post, shall we? Jolly good.

Hello everyone! In case it isn't obvious, I did not in fact die of hypothermia when I went to Rexburg almost a month ago now! It was actually a lot warmer than I expected. I had a blast. It was great to see familiar places and visit friends. Good times. Good times.

When I left Rexburg last year after graduation, I'd get a little homesick for it sometimes, especially when September came and everyone was heading back. I missed my friends, being out on my own, the the general lifestyle. I didn't miss the snow... The point is, part of me really wanted to go back. So I finally did. Last month, I went on a little adventure. For those of you I didn't have a chance to visit with, know that I still love you :)

One thing I realized as I walked around campus and as I was sitting on a shuttle that took me to Salt Lake where my plane so graciously waited for me was that I had this sense of closure. I could return home and this time not feel that overwhelming need to go back. Don't get me wrong. I love BYU-I and the people there. I wouldn't take back any of the experiences I had there. I will cherish those times forever, but that chapter in my life has closed and a new one is unfolding.

So, BYU-I, farewell.

And hello University of Denver. That's right. Guess who got accepted into the Publishing Institute there. That would be me, and I'm so excited to attend! I honestly don't know what the future holds after that point. I have some hopes, so keep your fingers crossed that one of them will work out. And even if things don't work out the way I want them to, that doesn't mean that things will turn out poorly. I've definitely seen how things don't go according to plan, but I think I still have it pretty good. I have a roof over my head. I have friends and family. I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and will give me strength and comfort. So life is rough sometimes, but I'm going to do my best to stay positive and move forward with hope.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

AND you will have me, your awesome awesome twin friend who happens to be very excited about you going to school in Denver and hopes you get an amazing job after the program so you can get an apartment together, get some pets, and live happily ever after until you both find husbands, move into houses next door and live happily ever after again.