Monday, May 14, 2007

Bowling Deaf Style



As part of my ASL class this quarter (which I love!!!) I have to do three different deaf activities. One was to go through a fast food drive through. Another was to go to a foreign restaurant. The last, which I did today, was to go bowling. Take note that I had to pretend to be deaf in all of these activities. It's pretty scary to be honest. Thakfully, I was able to go with some of my ASL buddies to the restaurant and then bowling today. My mom and dad came with us and were essentially the only hearing people in the group. My mom was able to communicate with me a little bit, but mostly us three ASL kids stuck to talking with each other. My friend, Robert, brought his Gallaudet (the only university for the deaf) dictionary so dad was thumbing through it. He learned two words today: helicopter and ugly. Who do you think he called ugly? That's right. It was me. How rude!! Obviously my daddy loves me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was such a fun day!! Thanks for having us come along.