Thursday, October 30, 2008

Back to the Caveman Days



Last night was our ward Halloween party complete with prizes for the best costumes. We decided to dress up as cavewomen. We were pretty awesome if I do say so myself. As you can see by the pictures some of us got more into it than others... So in my defense I wasn't even going to go. It was a very last minute thing throwing a leopard skin over my head, jumping in the car, and going to the BYU-I livestock center which so appropriately smelled of cow pies.

I actually did enjoy myself. I got free food including a cupcake!! I also got to hang out with some pretty awesome guys from my ward. Okay so like half of them were my FHE brothers but they still count. There were various activities including the all time favorite "bobbing for apples" which I did not participate in. And no, my excuse was not because of all the germs I'd be sharing, but rather it reminded me too much of my first and only time bobbing for apples. It was a Halloween party at the Hairston's and the water just happened to get mixed with various flavors of pop as well as skittles (taste the rainbow!!!). It turns out that all of those things mixed together smells like puke. So just imagine trying to grab an apple in your mouth from a bowl of vomit. That's pretty much what it was like and my hair smelled like it afterwards....tragic. So no more bobbing for apples for me.

There were other activities like a cake walk and steer roping (which I discovered I suck at...). But mostly I just enjoyed getting free food and hanging out!! My roommates were a little upset that we did not win any prizes for our awesome costumes. But hey, Village People got 3rd place. That's right, our neighbors dressed up as the Village People and danced to YMCA for us. I got a picture with my favorite group member which is Chelsea....

Hot stuff, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new look, very cool.. ;D