Tuesday, October 14, 2008

He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!



I just listened to the Phantom of the Opera (with Michael Crawford) a little bit ago. I'm sad I wasn't able to see it in Seattle....but school is important too. Anyway, it is beautiful and seems somewhat fitting for this time of year.

Last night for FHE we went to the Haunted Mill. It was my first time and I was a little nervous as I am very easily scared. We had to break up our group because you could only go in groups of 5. It was kind of creepy but I somehow managed to stifle my fear. Maybe that's because all the monster went after Stephanie because she kept screaming or maybe the fact that Matt kept trying to make me jump (he failed horribly by the way...) and he therefore distracted me from the scary monsters. They definitely had some good effects. If I had been in a different or smaller group, I'm sure I could have been scared. Their white lady with a saw was kind of creepy, but I was expected it. Anyway, monsters tend to be less scary when you expect them, know they aren't real, and you say hello to them every once in a while. Now if I were to run into a real werewolf, it would be an entirely different story.

We've decorated our apartment for this lovely Halloween season. The cobwebs looked really good at first but now they are starting to fall and look all clumpy. We will be carving pumkins next week, so we'll be able to add that classic touch to our humble abode.






This past weekend was mother's weekend. Three of my roommates had their mother's over. It was actually a lot of fun! McKenzie's mom was so nice! She bought Chelsea, Lindsey, and me packages of candy because our moms couldn't make it. She also bought us doughnuts and pizza. Wierd combination I'll admit, but you never ever ever complain about free food. That's pretty much my current philosophy of life. On friday, we played a whole bunch of games. We played scum, guesstures, catch phrase, and hilerium (spelled wrong...). We ended up having a big group which made it all the more entertaining. Afterwards, I got to hang out with Megan, Landon, Landon's brother (I can't remember his name!!), and Caleb (a guy in my ward). We watch the Office which is always great fun. The following picture was taken whilst we were playing guesstures. I was trying to get them to guess flytrap. They eventually got it.






On Saturday, Chelsea and Lindsey were insane. We ended up taking a bunch of really good pictures.






Other fun activites of the weekend included watching Lion King films, candy kiss wars, and even pillow fights. I have some pictures more pictures that aren't on my computer yet. I'll have to put them on because I got some good ones of Chelsea and our FHE brother, Matt, fighting each other. It's pretty awesome.
Well, I have a bunch of homework but I am determined to make sure this blog lives on!!! Until we meet again! Adieu!

No comments: