Saturday, March 14, 2009

A.D.D.

So I just feel like procrastinating and posting about anything! Anything at all! Are you prepared for this? You are now going to experience my ADD in full force as I just spurt out whatever comes to mind!! Haha okay so it will be a little more controlled than that. But I often have random thoughts/facts of the day so I'm going to share some of that, mostly the things I was thinking about yesterday.

Here we go. Take a deep breath. GO!!






So yesterday I was walking behind a girl who was wearing a navy superbreak from Jansport which would have been found in bin 91 in the zone of Jansport last summer whilst I worked there. I then started to recognize a bunch of other bags that I couldn't remember so much about them, but I could remember if they were a pain in the but or not. Some of my thoughts included: "That stupid bag would never come of the box!" or "Stupid tissue paper in between every single one of those backpacks! The horror!!" So then I got to thinking how there are so many things that we don't think about. Wow, that sounded like an epiphany... Anyway, no one ever thinks about the process between how your choice of backpack came to the store and fell into your hands. However, that crosses my mind every once in a while just because I've been in the warehouse that shoves your bag into a box, tapes said box, sends it off, and gripes about backpacks, how dry your hands are, and the fact that you are starting to dream of backpacks! So the next time you pick up a backpack, think of the poor soul who ran to get that bag for you or who stands for hours putting price stickers on said bag. Be grateful! And you know, maybe take the time to be random and wonder about things like how your backpack and you were united. Was it fate? Perhaps.






Last night, Megan and I watched the Kiera Knightly version of "Pride and Prejudice". We just read the novel in one of our classes (awesome book by the way. READ IT!!) and we get credit for watching the movie. Anyway, at the end of the movie after laughing at the cheesiness of the mulitple times he says "Mrs. Darcy", I still sighed and was like "Ah Darcy...what a guy...even though he is fictional....." As I walked home I started thinking that Jane Austin probably isn't healthy. I'm not sure I care though. Sitting on your butt all day eating nothing but pizza, breadsticks, and ice cream isn't healthy either, but I would still do it (and so would you. ADMIT IT!). So if Jane Austin is the death of me, at least I'll die happy with a smile on my face and a piece of that pizza still in hand.




I like to find out random facts that will be of no use to me know or during any other part of my life. For example, did you know that in the "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli come across the place where the hobbits had been and they're all upset because they're like "Snap son!! The hobbits are dead!" and then Aragorn kicks the orc helmet and falls to his knees with a cry of despair that Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn) broke his toe when his foot made contact with that helmet? That's got to hurt... Anyway, not too long ago I began to wonder where the phrase "cloud nine" comes from. I was asking Megan and she was actually smart enough to look it up on Google. I don't know why I didn't think of that. So here's the answer:


"it comes from the US Weather Bureau. The story is that this organisation describes (or once described) clouds by an arithmetic sequence. Level Nine was the very highest cumulonimbus, which can reach 30,000 or 40,000 feet and appear as glorious white mountains in the sky. So if you were on cloud nine you were at the very peak of existence."


There you have it!! Now you know too!! And there's some of my random for you to enjoy. Now I should go do something....dang it I just blanked...PRODUCTIVE!


2 comments:

Megan said...

The Count is on Cloud 9! Haha! And maybe you should think about the little chinaman who actually made the backpack before you picked it out from between the layers of tissue paper. And then the person who made the materials that the chinaman used to create said backpack. And the woman who gave birth to the person who made said materials. Will it never end?

Beth Adams said...

What a wonderful collection of randomness! It gave quite a revealing view to how your brain really works!!!