Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day: a day to celebrate all the wonderful people in your life!


Hello hello!! And happy Valentine's Day! So I'm sure some of you have heard my feelings on Valentine's Day, but since not all of you have and it's kind of relevant to my plans for the rest of this post, I'm going to explain myself. I've noticed in my years of expierencing Valentine's Day their are usually about three different reactions to the holiday (excluding the "Yay Candy!!" reactions from the elementry school days).


1) Today is a day to celebrate my significant other! Let's do something cheesy and romantic!!

2) I still be single. Sadness.... Where's the ice cream and chick flicks?

3) Single Awareness Day! Woot!! Let's party!


I'd like to recommend a fourth category. I suppose I've experienced number two and four and about a year ago I realized that their is more to Valentine's Day then having or not having that special someone (sometimes a really big deal in an environment like BYU-Idaho). So here's my suggestion! February 14th is a day to celebrate ALL those people who mean something to you, everyone who has made a difference in your life for the better. This would be a really really long post if I were to give you an entire list of those people in my life, so I'm going to narrow it down. Please take today to celebrate all your loved ones. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older is that we have an amazing capacity for love! Never assume people now you care. Maybe today should be the day you contace that person you've been thinking about! I know I'm really bad in keeping in contact with people. Anyway, that's my little spiel. Now here's my shout out.



I would be nothing without my family! They are the most precious thing to me in the world. I probably didn't always feel that way :) but I'm getting a little wiser as I'm getting older. We have so many fun times together! I love how strange we are! Quoting movies, ping pong, Dr. Mario, some of the most delicious food ever!, going places like Scotland and Disneyland, road trips.... So many good times!! I'm so grateful that I have part of my family here with me in Rexburg.

Stuart, Laura, Megan, you guys rock my socks! I love that I can talk to you about serious stuff and maybe not so serious stuff like movies and books! I'm grateful for how supportive you are of me, especially when I'm not even supportive to myself! I like feeling that you guys believe in me. And Stuart, I'm grateful that you make sure that I do have some fun mixed in with all my work. Yeah, you've seen me unreasonably stressed out...

Mom, Dad, Josh, I miss you guys a ton!! Sometimes I wish I could just magically come home for a day just so we could hang out! Josh, I really do like killing zombies with you, even if it does scare me.... Haha you're awesome! I like staying up and watching movies with you too, even if I do fall asleep in the first five minutes. You're the coolest kid in Marysville and don't let them forget it! Mom and Dad, there's not really anything I can say to let you know how much I appreciate and love you. You do so much for me! There are some things I'd like to say, but this doesn't seem to be the place. Expect an e-mail from me :)

And to the rest of my family all over the place, you also reach the top levels of awesomeness!! I hope you all are doing well. I love you guys :)

For all of you who aren't literally part of my family, this post is for you too!!! I considered a lot of people to be a part of my "extra extended" family. Marysville 6th Ward, I love how warm and friendly you are when I come home. It's a little strange coming home and seeing the ward sometimes, just because I somehow expect everything to be the same when I get back. There always seems to be new faces mixed in with the ones I know. But just the fact that you are in 6th ward means you are amazing!

This post is already getting way too long... but here's a couple more groups of people who I am celebrating today:

All my friends back in Marsville!
My amazing ward at school!
Present roommates and past roommates!
Haha and people I acted with back in High School! Those memories still bring a smile to my face!
An awesome girl who has the same birthday as me minus four years :)
The girls I was over the last two years I went to Girl's Camp
And more!!!!

So today, I'm celebrating you!! Don't forget to celebrate the awesome people in your life today to! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you have a good one.

1 comment:

Beth Adams said...

I love your post Dani, almost as much as I love you! One suggestion, check that spelling or people will wonder why you are an English major!!! ;o) Love your guts! Have a great day.