Sunday, February 8, 2009

You Could Move in and Sleep Under the Couch Cushions!

Oh my goodness! So I was meant to be very studious all day yesterday and that's not what happened at all! I keep telling myself it was worth it though. The following stories may be a little confusing because of all the names I have to spout out, but hopefully you can keep up. Remember Sara Holloway? My roommate from second semester? You can go here for a little reminder. Anyway, she lives on the first floor of my complex. Yesterday she took me out to get a McFlurry and we made a few other random stops. While I was with her, I was inspired to text someone using her phone because they wouldn't know it was me. I texted two of my old FHE brothers, Matt and Ryan, the exact same message: "I just wanted to let you know that you're an amazing person." They weren't together at the time which made things even better. Ryan replied first asking me who I was and he apologized for not having my number in his phone. We were getting him all sorts of confused so we ended up just going to his apartment and letting him in on our little game. While we were over there, Matt texted us back, also asking who we were. I seem to be more inspired for this sort of things when I'm in larger groups because at that moment I knew the perfect reply:

"This is your secret lover"

I thought we might scare him away for good with that, but he replied with something to the effect of "Wouldst fair lady favor me with a clue?" Classic Matt line for you right there. Someone in the apartment said "How does he know you are a girl?" So I was going to reply, "I'm a man." But since they had just watched Stardust the night before, I was told to reply "Does the name Captain Shakespeare mean anything to you." And that's exactly what I did. He didn't reply for at least another two hours, but that's alright.

Sara and I had left to visit some other people and we came back to Ryan and Matt's apartment about ten minutes before curfew. Just at that moment, Matt came back home. He told us all about the wierd texts he'd been receiving and we (very deceivingly) played dumb. When we went back home, Matt started texting Sara's phone again. Apparently he'd suspected me from the beginning, but he didn't officially get in contact with me and accuse me until 1:30 AM. It was so hilarious!

Yesterday was a good day. So I left out some detail, but I must be going as food is on the table :) Fare thee well!

Further notes:

Okay I'm back from eating and I realized that I left out my reason for my title!! So basically, when Sara and I first left Matt and Ryan's apartment, we went to visit Vance. We visited with him and his roommate, Jordan, for like two hours. It was tons of fun! Anyway, Sara was revealing things about me that I wouldn't have shared (like how I chugged salsa on Friday night). It wasn't too bad though and they made good conversation starters. Anyway, I was finding out I had more things in common with these boys then I had realized and we were making all sorts of awesome cool plans for further hanging out activities! So I made some comment that I should just move into their apartment (except for times between curfew and whenever we are allowed to go back to the boys apartments). Well the boys said they could totally hide me and I could sleep under the couch cushions so there other roommate would have no idea. I don't think it would work out. It was really funny though. Maybe you had to be there...

1 comment:

Beth Adams said...

I love it Danielle!!! But I'd be careful of those couch cushions!! You never know what might be living under there. I think I saw a picture of Laura's where something was under Beki's bed. Pretty scary!!!!!