Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Woes of Stage Fright

So I sung a duet in sacrament meeting on Sunday. I thought I was going to die. I really really love to sing but when I get up in front of a group like that it's very hard to keep my voice steady while simultaneously focusing on not passing out. Ok so it's not that bad. I find it kind of interesting when nerves will kick in like that. For example, when I act, I may feel a little nervous at first, but it disappears almost immediately. I wish my fright would disappear that quickly when I sing. Anyway, I made it through the song and it wasn't bad. My first note was one to remember, but it always is :) Yesterday, I ran into someone from my ward and they told me how awesome I was singing wise. She told me that she really liked my voice and then attempted to describe why she liked my voice. She told me that my voice was just full of attitude. I think I like that. I sing with attitude haha! Top that! Just kidding. So I guess stage fright isn't such a hinderence after all if I'm willing to face it.

That's really all I have to say for now. Not that exciting I know :) Aufwiedersehen.

2 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Singing with attitude does sound pretty cool!! Way to go Danielle!!!

Laura said...

You got further than I'll ever get! In my homeward they used to assign families to do musical items in sacrament meeting. One time I had to sing on my own. I kept trying to sing but my throat kept closing up and no sound was coming out even though my mouth was moving. It was horrible!
So, yeah, good job! You're my hero!