Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Until We Meet Again!



To get directly to the point, I've been thinking about goodbyes lately an dthe fact that I will have to say some pretty soon (in like two days even!!). I really hate that feeling I get sometimes like I'm saying goodbye for the last time. Now maybe that's not true with some of the people I'm forced to say goodbye to here in Rexburg, Idaho, but that's always a possibility (especially when it comes to those silly premies). The last two semesters have been amazing! Sure they have their ups and downs just like any other time in life, but I'm so very grateful for the chance I had to meet all these awesome people! And that is why I'm so reluctant to say goodbye. I think it was easier last year for a few reasons the main one being that I didn't go out and connect with people like I have now.


But goodbyes don't have to be so bad I imagine. There's a quote that John Bytheway put in his book Out of the Mouth of Babes and Dudes that says, "I look forward to the time when we meet again whether in this world or the next because we can be together forever someday. The righteous need never say goodbye." I have a firm belief in a life after this one and I believe the words of this quote. So instead of saying goodbye, I will part with a hearty "until we meet again." Ok so I'll still be sad, but I'm going to try and be optimistic :)


Good things come of change and I'll be back in the fall! Don't you forget about me! :)


2 comments:

Laura said...

It is hard but that's a good sign because it means you've been making the most of your time. I'm glad you had such a good time and had such fun roomies and that you were so busy having fun you could hardly visit us - that's a good sign too. :)
Love you.

lindsey gruwell said...

Ohh, that is such a cute quote! I know, I hate goodbyes. I think the hardest part is knowing that everything will change when I come back...you will even be graduated. But, like you said, good things come of change. We had a great semester full of memories(and I'm so glad we took pictures to remember them all!)