Monday, August 10, 2009

I Want To Be A Superhero

Okay so in my head I'm thinking "I have nothing new to talk about", but I'm hoping if I just keep typing something will come up because I feel like I somewhat neglect my poor little blog.

I suppose I could talk about how I'm a "closet gamer" according to Stuart (Laura just calls me a geek). I spent most of Saturday finishing 'Kingdom Hearts II'. Totally worth it, although I think I like the first one a little bit better.

Or I could talk about how Stuart and I have been discussing time and time travel. Stuart and I have differing views on the subject. Maybe I just don't think about things enough or I'm just too stubborn. I don't know. I'm not even going to attempt to explain all of Stuart's points (which I'll admit were valid. Is that good enough for you ?) :P

Okay so neither of those topics are really any good. Not good enough for an entire post anyway....

Well why I don't I just give you a brief synopsis of my life now and in the near future. Sounds riviting, eh?

I'm currently working at Jansport just like last summer. Some of you may remember those few Jansport posts. Here's a review. People ask me what it is I do all day and it's actually very simple. I take a box which has a label on it telling what other box or boxes to go to in order to retrieve the backpack(s) the customer ordered (take note I'm in a warehouse and don't actually deal with customers myself). I take the backpacks from the boxes they are all cozied up in and stuff them into the new box. I then tape the box and send it on it's way. Very exciting stuff. And that's what I do from 6-2:30 Monday through Friday.

So it might not be that exciting, but it pays well and I'm just lucky I was able to get my same job back!! Nobody likes job hunting. And now I will be able to afford food when I return to BYU-Idaho at the beginning of September. Hooray!

My last day of work is next Wednesday as my family is heading down to Oregon to hang with the grandparents. Woot!! I'm actually really excited. I need a change of scenery or something. Plus I love my grandparents and Oregon! So it pretty much equals happiness all around.

Once we get back, it won't be long till I'm off for my last two semesters in Rexburg. Yay! That's exciting and kind of scary since I don't know what I'm going to do with my life after I graduate. That's all part of the adventure right? Besides, if all else fails, I can just live in my parents' basement for the rest of my life while continuing to be a closet gamer!! Sounds good to me....

I'm actually not to worried about it right now. Maybe that's a bad thing, but I just feel like everything will work out somehow. Right now the important thing is to graduate! Then I can decide if I should do more schooling, or do service for my church, or dig a giant hole in my backyard for a pool. Sometimes we just have to take things one step at a time.

I think I just made up my mind right now. I'm definitely going with that pool option. Either that or I'm becoming a superhero... Someone find my a radioactive spider! Quick!

No comments: