Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's Late, But I Love You So....

Hey all. I will give you a proper update later.... That's the plan anyway. Whenever I put something like this off and say I'll tell you what happened in my recent past later, it usually doesn't happen. But I have faith. Just in case, here's a brief sketch as I am wont to give.

I just got back from a vacation in Oregon to visit my grandparents and I loved it! It's really nice to get a change of scenery every once and a while. It felt good to get away for a little bit. We made some stops on the way down that we don't normally take. I can now officially say I've been to Astoria, OR! Huzzah! What's so cool about Astoria you may ask? Shame on you for not knowing!! But I forgive you. First, it's kind of a cute little town that I wish I would have had more time to explore. But the biggest reason why I wanted to stop there was because that's where "The Goonies" was filmed. We stopped (very briefly) at some key Goonies sights including the Goonies house! That was fun, especially since once my dad and I walked up the private drive (it was allowed I promise!!!) it took us a bit to figure out which one was actually the Goonies house. We kind of guessed and took a picture. Luckily we guessed correctly.

We also made a stop at an aquarium and Heceta lighthouse. That wasn't the lighthouse we were planning on seeing but we couldn't find the other one. A little disappointing, but I was happy to get to see a lighthouse instead of not seeing one at all. Oh I forgot! We also stopped at Fort Clatsop just outside of Astoria. For those who don't know, Fort Clatsop is where Louis and Clark stayed for a time. It was very cool.

Hmm I'm getting very sleepy. I'll give you more details (including pictures!!) on Oregon later. I only have a little bit left until I take off for school again for my last two semesters at BYU-Idaho. I'm starting (starting probably isn't correct as this isn't the first time I've had this feeling) to feel the pressure of figuring out what to do with my life after college. My dad pointed it out today that I should have some idea of a plan or career. Either that or I can marry a rich guy. Thanks dad, but I don't think that's going to happen :)

I'm secretly hoping I'll become instantly famous somehow. I'm not sure how, but it could happen, right? Good news though: my creative writing juices are beginning to come back. I probably didn't mention that I thought they'd died and I lost them forever (definitely not a good thing for an English major with an emphasis in creative writing who planned on writing books for a living.......yeah I should find a back up plan). While on my vacation I spent some time reading and some time writing and my love for reading and writing is slowly reviving. I need to devote more time to books and my characters who are dying to be shared with the world. I've been working on a story for a very long time and I hope I'll soon be able to finish it. Even if it doesn't get anywhere, I want to finish it. The only thing is once I finish it I have to go back and edit it and probably re-edit it. I should have written a children's book instead....


Well I hope all's well for you in the big world out there. Good luck with your ambitions and dreams! And always make time to settle down and read a good book :) Or spend a few hours playing your favorite video game. Haha. That's one thing that really took my time away from books and writing. Silly "Kingdom Hearts". Why do I love you so? Until next time! Enjoy the rest of your summer while you still can (unless it's ended for you already!!!).

1 comment:

Hess said...

We have been to Fort Clatsop too! We loved it!