Monday, October 12, 2009

Last Minute or in other words Procrastination

I'm really very good at procrastinating. That in and of itself is not an entirely good thing. It creates a lot of stress. But I'm taking this moment to say I few things before I attend to my mountains of homework. First of all, happy Columbus Day and whatever that truly means to you. It is quite possible that it means nothing to you. More on that subject tomorrow when I have more time to write a longer post. Let's just say people like Columbus have been on my mind lately thanks to my Early American Lit class.

Other thoughts: you know what's great? When you think your next story isn't due until next week only to discover it's actually due tomorrow! Huzzah! The good news is, I already finished my story a couple of days ago. It just messes up my plans a little bit. But it will work out for the better I think. Things tend to have a way of working out even if it is with a few rough edges.

This weekend was pretty awesome. On Friday I got to see Broadway Review on campus. Basically the idea behind Broadway Review is a bunch of people audition to perform songs from famous musicals. One of my friends, Matt, was in it again this year. He performed a duet from Spamalot. They sang "The Song that Goes Like This." So pretty much it was the most hilarious thing I witnessed all weekend. There were some other really good acts as well. I Think my other favorites were "Confrontation" from Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde and "Agony" from Into the Woods. So good job everybody although there's really no point in me saying that here since none those people actually read my blog. Haha.

On Saturday, Megan and I got to see Jim Brickman in concert. He came to campus and he played a lot of songs from his new album. He has some really good music.

Oh, speaking of music, when I was in Europe we attended church in Swansea, Wales. They sang a traditional song at the end of the meeting which I thought was so beautiful. I was so touched by the lyrics and those loving people. The other day, I stumbled across the song. I was able to find the lyrics and then find a choir singing it on youtube. So in closing of this post, I'd like to share this song with you. It's called "We'll Keep a Welcome in the Hillsides."

Far away a voice is calling,
Bells from memory do chime
Come home again, come home again,
They call through the oceans of time.

Well keep a welcome in the hillside.
Well keep a welcome in the Vales
This land you knew will still be singing
When you come home again to Wales.

This land of song will keep a welcome
And with a love that never fails,
We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth
When you come home again to Wales.


Here's one of the videos a came across so you can actually hear it sung:





No comments: