Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Break








Last week was Thanksgiving! Yay! We had the whole week off of school. It was really nice not to have to worry about anything for a while. Megan and I went to Utah to stay with our aunt and uncle. My grandma and grandpa were there too, which made it extra fun. We didn't leave until Wednesday so I still had Monday and Tuesday to do homework...theoretically anyway. More like I hung around my apartment Monday, and then partied with people on Tuesday. That pretty much sums those two days up! I was really grateful for people on Tuesday for inviting me to do stuff so I was stuck in my apartment the entire day.
Megan and I were in Utah from Wednesday to Sunday. On Thanksgiving, we went to my great aunt and uncle's home and shared the holiday with them and some of their children with their families. It was fun to be with everyone and be re-introduced since I haven't seen some of those relative for a very long time.
On Friday night, Megan, Grandpa, my cousin Bree, and I all went to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. I had never been and I was really excited. It was beautiful and we had a lot of fun!



After we came home and watched the episode of Monk from earlier in the evening, we all went to bed in high spirits. I woke up about two hours later incredibly sick. Saturday wasn't such a fun day for me...at least not until close to noon when my stomach finally stopped freaking out. I slept practically all day. The good thing is, it only lasted one day. I was actually able to function Sunday, which I'm really grateful for because I really didn't want to be sick whilst driving back to Rexburg.

I really did enjoy the break and seeing my extended family. They were a lot of fun. My cousin, Ryan, is crazy (in a good way :) ). He was totally tackling me and trying to tickle me like the whole time I was there! There was this other time where he was trying to crawl through the opening in his chair, sticking his feet in first. He was doing really good until he got to his head which refused to fit through. It was very entertaining to watch him try to make it work though.

Thanks family and friends for making the break awesome :)

No comments: