Friday, September 3, 2010

Peach Cobbler


We have this big box of sweet, delicious peaches. So the other day I did something that I've never done before: I made peach cobbler! I was very proud of myself and it turned out so good! I'll share the recipe with you so you too can enjoy the greatness of this peach cobbler.
Megan was sitting in the other room applying for jobs whilse I was peeling and cutting peaches to my heart's content. I told her she was actually preparing to go out in the world and provide for herself while I was learning how to be a good house wife with my new found knowledge of peach cobbler making. She loving pointed out that I need a man before I can be a good house wife.
Rude. But true.
Still, I now have mad peach cobbler skills. You know you liked it, Megan. I saw you eat like half of it. Ok maybe that was Mom.
Here's the recipe!

Ingredients

· ½ cup unsalted butter, melted

· 1 cup all-purpose flour

· 2 cups sugar

· 3 tsps baking powder

· Pinch salt

· 1 cup milk

· 4 cups peeled, pitted and thinly sliced fresh peaches (5-6 medium peaches)

· 1 tbs fresh lemon juice

· Several dashes ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg (optional)

o I used ½ tsp of cinnamon and ¼ tsp of nutmeg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Pour the melted butter into a 9 by 13 pan

3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and the salt and mix well. Stir in the milk, mixing until just combined. Pour this batter over the butter but DO NOT stir them together.

4. In a small saucepan (ok, more like medium saucepan to fit all those scrumptious peaches), combine peaches, lemon juice, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peaches over the batter, but DO NOT stir them together.

5. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired

6. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden-brown. Serve warm or cold.


It will look something like this right before you bake it.
And once it's all done it will look something like this!

It's easy and delicious. Make some for yourself and have fun doing it!

Until next time!

No comments: