Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Years and all that jazz!

Okay so I realize I'm a wee bit late at wishing everyone a happy new year, but now is better than never right? The first week of the new year was a pretty fantabulous one. For New Year's Eve I hung out with friends. We ate food, played apples to apples, and some good ol' fashioned guitar hero. I had a lot of fun. It was the first time I got to see some of my friends since some of them were avoiding for the break (haha just kidding). I went home early so that I could spend the midnight festivities with my family. New Years has always been another family holiday for me. We had confetti, crackers (not the food), and jalepano poppers, and of cours Martinelli's. Hmm hmm good. I suppose i should have a New Year's resolution but the funny thing about those is that they usually don't get kept. However I think I going to have to steal one of Laura's: no regrets. When I had this goal over the summer when I went to EFY, it was the best EFY I've ever had in my life! So maybe I can make this the best year of my life so far. Resolution #2 is in the works. I'm sure I've got something else I need to work on this year/week/day. Anyway here be a loverly picture of myself wearing the crown that they so kindly stuff into those crackers.







On Wednesday after the wonderful new years festivities, Whitney, Devon, and I had a Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Marathon!!!! Okay so we cheated and only watched the Fellowship and Return of the King. My mom would only let people stay over for two movies and that's probably a good thing too. By about halfway through Return of the King we got a little restless and started thinking "oh yeah this part still hasn't happened yet. When does this movie get over?!" But it was worth it because A) I love that story and B) I got to hang out with Whitney and Devon and C) we got way too much pizza and crazy bread from Little Caesars. Who wouldn't like all of that bundled up into a ball? I'm sure I can think of someone....




The following Friday, a bunch of us celebrated Whitney's birthday. Again I got to see people I haven't seen for a while. There was also more guitar hero. I totally kicked Whitney's butt. Andrew hung a banana from the ceiling. Aparently it's for good health. Someone came and ate the banana so all that was left was it's mortal husk hanging from the ceiling. How depressing. Anyway, that was all great fun and I'm glad I got to hang out with people before I was kicked out of the house and forced back to Rexburg to get an edumacation. Okay so I chose to go to school and I don't regret it. Oh and just to protect myself, sorry Robert and Kaitlyn for not getting to see you over the break. If we don't do anything over the summer I will most certainly cry until my eyes fall out.





Before I go, here are a couple more random pictures I took while at home. The first is of Josh. He tried on one of those one size fits all shirts. He should definitely wear it in public sometime. The second is my parents and the dog. Mom is teasing Molly or something.... And last but not least, there is a picture of Luna.
















No comments: