Monday, February 11, 2008

Tis the season to be...

This thursday is Valentine's Day (or singles awareness day, which ever one floats your boat). I think that I know more people who hate February the 14th than people who look forward to it. Heck, I just look forward to it because it means candy and ten more days till my birthday! Haha I'm so selfish. Actually, I've come to a conclusion. Valentine's Day isn't just a day for couples to buy each other gifts or go on a date. It isn't just a day for singles to mope either. Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate all relationships and to be grateful for the friends and family that you have. It's a day to call people up or leave little messages just to let someone know you are thinking about them and that you care about them. So on Thursday I most likely won't be going on a date or receiving gifts but I'm not going to sit around moping either because I have wonderful friends and family and I'm going to celebrate their existence and the fact that they put up with me! So happy Valentine's Day everyone. Eat lots of sweets and watch a bunch of chick flicks with your friends!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You should go on a date. I'll give you a gift once you go on a date out here.