Saturday, November 15, 2008

For Stephanie Nielsen

Here it is! The recipe for my mom's chili!!!


1 lb groud beef
1/8 tsp garlic powder (or more to taste)
1 can kidney beans
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. water
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp basil



Brown the ground beef and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Drain the beans and tomatoes and add to the meat, cutting up the tomatoes as you stir them in. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.


I like to top it with cheese and sour cream. It's really good with cornbread too!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

There's no chili in that recipe...

Danielle said...

There is now!! Thanks for bringing that up. For some reason, whenever I read the recipe, I always skip over the chili powder. It's a good thing I catch myself when I'm making it though. That would make it test a bit different...

Laura said...

It would taste like spaghetti otherwise...