Monday, March 1, 2010

I Laugh in the Face of...Uncertainty?







I know I already posted today, but I have been slacking a little...and this is on my mind. So if you'd please continue reading, I'd be much obliged. My last class of the day was creative writing. I was talking with a girl in my peer review group who asked me what my plans were after I graduated. I told her I wasn't quite sure as the thing I had planned on kind of fell through.




For clarification: I applied for an intership and didn't get it. Long story made short.




Anyway, I laughed as I told her this, and she asked me how I could be laughing. I shrugged. I thought about it for a moment and said I could laugh about it because I'd already gone through the "this sucks" stage. I laughed again and explained to her that my dad has also given me permission to live in the basement and become an author/sell handmade books. Thank you, Dad! So I have a backup plan: live with my parents forever. Ha ha okay not really. But it's nice to know that if I ever need time to get on my feet that my parents will help me out the best that they can. I promise I'm not planning on living in my parents' basement forever. I just have some more job searching to do. I'm confident!




I guess the moral of the story is, when times get tough, learn to laugh! And it's also okay to laugh at yourself. We all make stupid mistakes sometimes. I would know. Ha ha!




It's been a long time since I've posted pictures, so I'm going to post one randomly. For my birthday last week, my friend Breanna brought me a pineapple as a reference to the TV show "Psych." We then felt it was necessary to strike some "Psych" inspired poses. Here are a couple.




No comments: