Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yum! Yum! Banana Bread!

What do you do when you buy a lovely bunch of bananas and you or your loved ones don't eat them before they start turning brown? You make banana bread, of course!

My wonderful madre directed me to a Martha Stewart recipe, which you can find here. Or you can keep on reading :)



Ingredients


½ cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (3 bananas)
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (or chocolate chips!)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf
pan; set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream
butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.


In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and
salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Add bananas, sour
cream, and vanilla, mix to combine. Stir in nuts, and pour into prepared pan.


Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake
comes out clean, about 1 hr 10 min. et rest in pan for 10 min, then turn out
onto a rack to cool.



There you have it! It took 3 bananas to for me to reach a cup. I also used chocolate chips instead of nuts since others eating it are opposed to nuts. If it were just me, I'd add both!

It turned out really well. I didn't have to add or subtract any time. It's nice and moist. It's a great recipe. I've been thinking of putting together a family cookbook filled with a bunch of my family's favorite recipes so we can all have a collection of them. This would make it into the book!

Still feeling a little fancy cooking wise after successfully making banana bread, a made some chedder and potato pieorgi. Okay so they were frozen and in a box... But I tried to dress them up a little based on an idea on the back of the box. I was quite pleased. And then I gobbled them up! Yum!



I'm really going to have to find a homemade recipe for these sometime.

Well, you should bake some banana bread! I promise it's delicious!

No comments: