Saturday, January 17, 2009

Coolest Thing Ever!!

Ok so maybe you won't find this as exciting as I do but it actually has been kind of helpful. So this is a lovely geneaology trick. I was shown this site before, but I didn't realize how awesome it is until today. In order to use this site you will need AFNs (Ancestral File Number) which can be found at familysearch.org. Ok so you go to http://roots.cs.byu.edu/digroots/selfafninfo.php. You put in the AFN of one of your ancestors (you only need to put in the first one). Then you click the finished button. You then have the option of seeing some famous people in your geneaology. You don't always find stuff but sometimes you get a whole list! Then you can click on the "i" icon next to each person and it will show you directly how you are linked to the person from the original ancestor you typed in. It is then helpful to look them up on family search becasue then you can download ged coms. It will save some time and you will get more information. It has led me to all sorts of links today so I thought I'd share (I also put it here in hopes that I won't forget this site!!!)

No comments: