Thursday, January 1, 2009

Farewell 2008

Hello 2009!

Last night, preparations for the new year started off with the latest Mummy movie. Megan and I had never seen it before. On the back of the movie, it says that it is the best out of the series. The movie wasn't too bad but it definitely wasn't the best of the series. There was a little bit of a loss in the connection between audience and character which left the film a little lacking.
The night continued with a grand Dr. Mario 64 competition!!! I'm proud to say that I kicked butt! Haha. At one point, Dad turned to me and said, "How does it feel to be hated by your whole family". Ouch. I know he meant it with love though.
At the stroke of midnight, we ran upstair for the usually festivities of crackers (not the kind you eat) and Martinelli's (sparkling cider ever!). I think these were are best crackers yet! They had all sorts of cool prizes inside! Well, cool as far as those things go. Megan got tired of doing the crackers with me because I kept getting the prizes. I'll let her have the lame ones :)





We broke into the Martinelli's right after. We really like that stuff. Megan was so excited to get some, she tried to open it with her teeth. Haha.

Along with our favorite drink, we had to eat our favorite appetizer! Jalepano poppers!!

It was a good way to welcome the new year.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Sounds like fun. I'm glad you have such a great family.

Beth Adams said...

By the way, you have something stuck in your teeth.