Saturday, November 7, 2009

If My Life Had A Soundtrack

Last night after watching "The Sound of Music" and "Phantom of the Opera," I was helping my roommate put together her very own blog. As part of this project, she asked me to help her figure out how to get a playlist on her blog. She also asked me to help pick out songs...but I wasn't very good at that. Most of the songs she was adding to her playlist were by people I'd never even heard of before. She was looking for chill, happy music, and the only ones I could think of are ones that are over done. I kind of laughed as I mentioned how unlike her chill playlist that she was afraid would make her look like a depressed kid, the playlist I've created on playlist.com is a lovely mixture of 80's, broadway, random songs I know line dances too, and others.

I listen to a lot of different styles of music. It kind of depends on my mood. The only thing I don't really like much of is rap. So when people ask me what kind of music I listen to I always say, "A little bit of everything," which is true. But sometimes that's not good enough for people: they want more specifics. So here you go: you are about to get a list of just a few of the songs on my computer, and you can judge my music style for yourself :) I'll even give you specific songs and that way you can discover their awesomeness for yourself!

"You Might Think" by The Cars
"Eye in the Sky" and "Talk About Me" by The Alan Parsons Project
"Save Me" by Remy Zero (you might know this song better as the Smallville theme)
"Pinball Wizard" by The Who (this song cracks me up! You should listen to it!)
"Days Go By" or "Somebody Like You" by Keith Urban
"On the Radio" or "Samson" or "The Call" by Regina Spektor
"Let Love In" by The Goo Goo Dolls
"Take a Chance on Me" or "Mamma Mia" or "SOS" by ABBA
"Northwest Passage" by Stan Rogers
"I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
"Reptillia" by The Strokes
"Potential Breakup Song" by Aly and AJ
"Come What May" from Moulin Rouge
Pretty much anything from Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables
"Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root
"Dreams" by the Cranberries
"Here Comes the Sun" or "Hey Jude" or practically anything by The Beatles
"Anywhere is" by Enya
"Within" by William Joseph
"Calling America" or "Mr. Blue Sky" by E.L.O.
"Learning to Breathe" by Switchfoot
Excerpts from Handel's Messiah
"Devil in Disguise" by Elvis
"Run" by Snow Patrol


So there you have it. A brief list of some of the songs on my computer! Those are just some of the first ones that come to my head. What kinds of music do you listen to?

I was just trying to think who it is who can take credit for my love for music or for certain types of music, and I realize I can't just give that credit to one person in particular. Some of it I discovered on my own, some from Rockband/Guitar Hero, some from my parents, and some from friends. Thank you, Dad, for some of the music you introduced me to! My childhood wouldn't have been the same! Haha plus I don't think I would have the same love for things like "Phantom of the Opera" and what I know of The Cars if it weren't for your influence. Mom, I think you deserve some credit too :)

No comments: