Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Simple Things

You know, things don't always happen the way we want them to. Sometimes we hope that things will be easier than they actually are or all our troubles will disappear when we wake up tomorrow morning. But you know, even with all the rough times in between the good times, life is good. One of the highlights of my day: I was at a friend's apartment and two of his friends from Idaho Falls were visiting. One of his friends, her name is Ellis if I remember correctly, was saying something about debate back in high school and she said something about labyrinth. Someone asked her what she meant and she said, "Do you know what Labyrinth is?" My immediate response (although technically directed towards no one in particular) was "David Bowie." That's all it took for us to form some sort of deep probably spiritual connection. She turned to me and said "I love you," and then continued on with whatever she was saying originally. For some reason, that was very amusing to me. I'm glad people appreciate my random outbursts like that. Maybe you just had to be there. In short, don't be afraid to be yourself and life is good. The end.

3 comments:

Laura said...

So was she talking about the Labyrinth or not?

Laura said...

And PS. Words of affirmation, I think so. ;)

Danielle said...

Actually, I still have no idea what she was talking about! Haha!