Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So Scared I thought I'd Wet Myself


This post is dedicated to Megan. She just wrote a post about our discovery of the Tower of Terror at California Adventure in August 2008. The above picture is the second time we went on (she said she couldn't find it so I decided to put it in my post). To see the first time, look here.
The first time, Megan and I went with our brother, Josh, and our cousin, Michael. They were determined to keep straight faces for the photo, which they accompished. Megan and I on the other hand, were screaming for our lives! Before we went on, I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal. I thought, "It's just a few drops. How bad can it be?" Well, the ride is Twilight Zone themed and you watch the story behind the haunted elevator and how you are going to relive the experience that made it haunted. You see the ghostly figures of the people who died tragically when the elevator fell. Michael was sitting next to me, and he said, "We will start falling right after you see the images of the people fall." I was still thinking it wouldn't be a big deal, but I was starting to get a little nervous. As the images of the people seemed to get smaller and farther away, Michael said, "Okay, we are going to drop....now." As soon as he finished talking, we began the first drop, and I began screaming like there was no tomorrow!
It was horrifying! A lot worse than I'd expected. I suppose you could also say it's exilerating. The second time Megan and I went, we went with our dad. He made fun of us the whole time we were waiting in line because we were freaking out...a lot! I think he understood why once we started that first drop!! Since I knew where the camera was this time, I smiled for the picture and then immediately resumed screaming.
What I love about the picture is that the shadows make it look like Dad had two giant sweat marks! Haha He was so scared!
Will I do it again? Maybe...but I'll probably whine whilst waiting in line even more than before.

No comments: