Sunday, November 8, 2009

Letterboxing: My Latest Adventure



For one of my English classes I have to write an article about making your own fun in Rexburg. I was inspired by Laura, and decided to discover the joy that is letterboxing. I looked it up on letterboxing.com and found one right here on campus!
It's near here!! Go find it!
Letterboxing is kind of like geocache. People make homemade rubber stamps and hide them. You then go and find said stamp based on the clues they give you. Once you find it, you get to use their stamp to add to your own little book and then you stamp their book and you can leave your name, etc. Make sure you are curtious, and hide the box back where you found it (the stamps are usually in some sort of food storage container).
I made my roommate, Talia, and my friend, Breanna, go with me to share in my adventure. We semi-cheated as we don't have our own stamps (I'm going to get one though!! Huzzah!). So instead of stamping the book, we drew pictures that we thought represented us.


You'd think I'd draw a book or something, but no. I most definitely drew the triforce.

We found a little bionicle man inside as well, so we took some pictures with him. It was all very exciting.

Here is a picture of the stamp that was there. You know you want to start a new hobby and go find it for yourself :) Maybe is sounds kind of weird and maybe even dull, but I assure you, it is quite fun!! Go have yourself an adventure! You never know what good times you'll have along the way!

Good luck with all of your adventures!!

No comments: